100% Made In the USA
Hand Made by Americans Using Only Materials from the USA.
It’s Time To Give People What They Want.
Growing Up In The Eighties We Always Had the Brass Handled Balisongs - Man Times Have Changed.
Valhalla Cutlery went RETRO & Back to Childhood for the Companies First Balisong.
I Spared Nothing & the Result was PURE QUALITY.
It starts with Blades & Handles being water jetted in Three Rivers, Massachusetts.
Then Getting Custom Knife Maker Alan Harvey to Come to Colorado to meet me at Valhalla Cutlery.
Blades are all Custom Hand Ground by Alan Harvey.
The Blades are all Heat Treated & Cryo Treated by D’Alton Holder in Peoria, Arizona.
D’Alton Holder brings the S30V to a Rockwell of 61.
Solid Brass Handles were Designed & Custom Hand Made by Alan Harvey.
The Latch and Spacers are made from Titanium.
The Hardware is Heat Treated Stainless Steel with Allen Head Pivot Screws & Torx Body Screws.
Why Did I use S30V?
It is American Made Steel for One Thing.
CPM S30V is a martensitic powder made stainless steel which was developed by Dick Barber of Crucible Materials Corporation in collaboration with knifemaker Chris Reeve as a knifemaking steel due to its wear and corrosion resistance.
Its chemistry promotes the formation and even distribution of vanadium carbides which are harder and more effective at cutting than chromium carbides.
In addition, vanadium carbides give the steel a very refined grain which further contributes to the sharpness and toughness of its edge.
Its composition is as follows: Carbon 1.45%, Chromium 14.00%, Vanadium 4.00%, Molybdenum 2.00%.
Knifemakers prefer using CPM S30V because its composition makes it easy to consistently heat treat as well as easier to grind although the carbides wear down the grinder belts.
According to Custom Knifemakers, knife users prefer S30V because it provides a strong blade with a maintainable edge due to the Vanadium carbides.
Why did I use Brass Handles?
The 1980’s Rocked We Had Ronald Regan for the President.
"Politics is just like show business." - What a Quote at least he was honest.
We Had No Such Thing as Politically Correct. No PC phrases existed.
We Had Freedom
Most Importantly We were all YOUNGER
On A Serious Note, Brass Was Used Because It Symbolizes the Beginning & The True Essence of the Balisong Butterfly Knife.
It is said that the Spanish used a Brass handle on their knives because it does not cause a spark when opening a steel bladed knife, this was important because while cutting the fuses for the cannon balls no one would want to cause a premature spark and threaten blowing up the ship next to all the gun powder.
So Brass is Historic to the Knife and I believe it should be the First Model of Production by Valhalla Cutlery.
Overall Length: 9 Inches
Closed Length: 5 Inces
Blade Length: 4 Inches
Blade: S30v Stainless Steel
Blade Sharpening: Alan Harvey
Blade Rockwell: 61 RC Blade Hardness
Heat Treat: D’Alton Holder
Handle: Solid Brass
Latch & Spacers: Titanium
Hardware: Heat Treated Stainless Steel
Handle Screws: Torx
Pivot Screws: Allen Head Screws
Handle Designs: Alan Harvey
Comes with a Cordura Black Canvas Pouch with Plush Gray Fleece Lining.
Absolute Best One of 5 Made Because I Kept It
- Antique & Vintage Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Channel Construction Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Sandwich Construction Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Custom Made Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Aluminum Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Brass Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Carbon Fiber Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- G-10 Micarta Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Stainless Steel Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Titanium Handle Balisong Butterfly Knives
- California Legal Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Partially Serrated Edge Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Plain Edge Balisong Butterfly Knives
- Balisong Butterfly Beer Bottle Openers
- Balisong Butterfly Knife Keychains
- Balisong Butterfly Knife Swords
- Balisong Butterfly Hair Combs
- Balisong Butterfly Razor Blade Utility Knife
- Balisong Butterfly Unsharpened Trainers
- Balisong Butterfly Knife Maintenance
- Balisong Butterfly Knife Sheaths
|Your cart is currently empty|